A comprehensive Neurosurgery service is now available at the Mater, with doctors rooms conveniently located on the Mater Campus.
Neurosurgery surgery services include
- all types of brain tumours, especially melanoma
- minimally invasive approaches to brain tumours
- Spinal Tumours particularly metastatic disease
- minimally invasive spine techniques
- stereotactic procedures for tumours
- on-call Neurosurgery roster for in-patients and out-patients 24/7
Our Neurosurgeons have a commitment to research in their respective roles and are building databases for clinical studies and trials with their other public appointed positions. They are also actively involved with the teaching and support of medical students from the University of Notre Dame which has expressed an interest in basing the Neurosurgical curriculum at the Mater.