The Mater Hospital is an international leader in cancer care; joint replacement, bone and sports injuries; maternity and women's health; as well as heart, lung and vascular services.
Renowned for our maternity unit, we are also acknowledged as the largest joint replacement centre in the Southern Hemisphere. This experience puts us at the forefront of the development of sophisticated and improved techniques in surgery, patient care and rehabilitation. Our core services are supported by holistic programs including rehabilitation, education and counselling.
The Mater has on-site clinical services to support the diagnosis and treatment of patients' surgical and medical procedures.
Other clinical services
- Bariatric surgery
- Ear, nose & throat
- Gastroenterology & endoscopy
- General medicine
- General surgery
- Head & neck surgery
- Plastic & reconstructive surgery
- Renal dialysis
- Allied Health such as physiotherapy, radiation oncology and nuclear medicine;
- Diagnostic services supplied by Mater Imaging (x-ray, CT, MRI etc) and Douglas Hanly Moir Pathology
- Intensive care unit
- Rehabilitation services for both inpatients and outpatients
- Natural fertility services