Our goal is to provide our patients with the safest possible care. Despite our commitment to providing quality, safe health care, there are still risks when spending time in hospital. They include the risk of infection, a fall or a pressure injury (bedsore).
Find out how we keep you safe during your hospital stay:
- Hand hygiene
- Medication safety
- Patient identification
- Preventing falls
- Avoiding pressure injuries
- Reducing risk of blood clots
- Between The Flags
Helping us to keep you safe
To help keep safe in hospital you and your family should:
- speak up – if you have questions or concerns or if you've noticed an unexpected change in your condition
- get involved – join the discussions and decision making about your care
- be aware – understand the plans for your care, any test results and other important information. If you don't understand something, ask a staff member to explain it to you.
If you have any concerns about the quality or safety of your care, speak with the nurse or doctor looking after you. You can also talk with the nursing unit manager, the department head or the patient liaison officer.