We believe that education can change the way our patients view their healthcare experience. The more knowledgeable you are about your options, the more involved you are likely to be in your care and recovery. Our staff will work with you and your family to help you understand your care plan. Your care and recovery are our highest priority.
We encourage you to maintain a positive attitude and participate actively in your treatment. There are often several steps in the process of getting well and the more you know about your upcoming treatment the better prepared you will be.
Discuss your condition with your doctor, so you understand what to expect from your hospital stay and any subsequent treatment. You may want to discuss the following:
- What is involved in my treatment/procedure and what are the risks?
- How long will I be in hospital, will I need other care like physiotherapy?
- How long will my recovery take and what should I expect during this period?
- Will there be activity restrictions after leaving hospital?
- What costs are involved in my treatment/procedure, are any other doctors involved?
- Will there be medical imaging or pathology costs?
- Do I fully understand what it is I am agreeing to when I sign the consent form?