Our Pre-Admission Staff will call you the business day prior to your admission to confirm your arrival time, fasting instructions and explain any clinical preparation. If you have not received a call or will be difficult to contact please phone the hospital on (02) 9900 7546 after 2.00pm the business day prior to your admission.
The customer services team will also contact you the business day prior to your admission to explain any out of pocket expenses associated with your admission. We ask that you finalise these expenses on admission. If you do not have any out of pocket expenses you will not receive a call.
Your doctor will make a booking and inform you of your admission time. Please arrive at the time your doctor has arranged. You do not need to confirm your booking or admission time with the Mater.
You will need to fast for your anaesthetic. Please follow your doctor's instructions regarding specific preparation and fasting instructions.
Preparing for day surgery/endoscopy
Shower before you come to the hospital, use minimal make-up and, for comfort following your procedure, wear loose clothing.
Where to go
Report to the Day Surgery Unit on level two of the hospital.
What to bring
- Original pre-admission forms, unless previously sent.
- Signed consent form
- Any relevant doctors' letters, scans and x-rays.
- Health insurance fund card, if applicable.
- Medicare card.
- Health benefit card, if applicable.
- Pension health card, if applicable.
- Books and magazines for reading prior to your procedure.
What not to bring
Please do not bring cash, jewellery or valuables of any kind. The Mater cannot be responsible for any valuables or missing items.
Going home checklist
- Make arrangements for someone to take you home. Patients must not drive, go by taxi alone or catch public transport after an anaesthetic.
- Collect your x-rays and scans.
- Collect follow-up information and your post-operative instructions provided by the hospital.
- Settle your account.
- Pick up medications from the pharmacy, if ordered by your doctor.
When discharged please visit the day surgery reception to settle your account. We accept payment by cash, EFTPOS (check your daily limit), Visa, MasterCard, Amex and cheque, but not Diners Club. Following health fund payment of your claim, any balance owing will be debited to your credit card.