Our Pre-Admission staff will call you the business day prior to your admission to confirm your admission time and explain any clinical preparation. If you have not received a call or will be difficult to contact, please call (02) 9923 7115 after 2.00pm the business day prior to your admission.
You will need to fast for your anaesthetic so please follow the instructions given to you by the Pre-Admission staff.
(More information > refer to the Information Sheets)
The customer services team will also contact you the business day prior to your admission to explain any out of pocket expenses associated with your admission. We ask that you finalise these expenses on admission. If you do not have any out of pocket expenses you will not receive a call.
Preparing for day surgery
Please shower before you come to Mater Orthopaedic Day Surgery, use minimal make-up and, for comfort following your procedure, wear loose clothing. Do not wear nail polish or jewellery. (More information > refer to the Information Sheets)
Report to the Mater Orthopaedic Day Surgery Unit in the Mater Clinic access is from the lifts of the Mater Clinic car park or via the Mater Hospital. (More information > refer to the Information Sheets)
What to bring
- Original pre-admission forms, unless previously sent.
- Any relevant doctors' letters scans and x-rays.
- Health insurance fund card, if applicable.
- Medicare card.
- Health benefit card, if applicable.
- Pensioner health card, if applicable.
- Credit card or cheque to settle your account.
- Books or magazines for reading prior to your procedure.
What not to bring
Do not bring cash, jewellery or valuables of any kind as the Mater Clinic cannot be responsible for any valuables or missing items.
Going home checklist
- Make arrangements for someone to take you home. Patients must not drive, go by taxi alone or catch public transport after an anaesthetic.
- Collect your x-rays and scans.
- Collect follow-up information and your postoperative instructions.
- Settle your account.
- Pick up your medications from the pharmacy, if ordered by your doctor.
When discharged please visit the orthopaedic day surgery reception to settle your account. We accept payment by cash, EFTPOS (check your daily limit), Visa, MasterCard, Amex and cheque, but not Diners Club. Following health fund payment of your claim, any balance owing will be debited to your credit card.
- Preparing for your surgery PDF [21 KB]
- Your theatre experience may look like this PDF [84 KB]
- Brief information on anaesthetics PDF [22 KB]
- After your surgery PDF [58 KB]
- Common procedures performed at MODS PDF [25 KB]
- MODS Frequently Asked Questions PDF [20 KB]
- Mater Orthopaedic Day Surgery: Patient Admission Guide PDF [195 KB]