As one of Australia’s leading private healthcare facilities, over 500 specialist consultants are accredited to admit patients to the Mater Hospital. Our site contains a number of resources to make the process of booking in or transferring a patient to the Mater Hospital as easy as possible.
NEW Acute Admission Service for GPs
Does your patient need urgent review? Call 1800 1 MATER
- chest pain
- dyspnoea or heart failure
- uncontrolled hypertension
Privately insured patients can now avoid a lengthy wait in emergency and be admitted by their GP to our Critical Care Unit (available 24/7).
- GPs call 1800 1 MATER (1800 162 837) to speak to the Critical Care Manager.
- If required, GP can speak to the on-call cardiologist
- GP decides whether the patient requires ambulance (131 233) or private transfer
- Patient admitted to ICU under the on-call Cardiologist
- ICU team assesses the patient and contacts Cardiologist
- Patient reviewed by on-call Cardiologist
Exclusions: Acute neurological events, Mental Health & Paediatrics